Sub-editor – Zeeshan Pervaiz
Prime Minister Imran Khan said on Friday that he had asked the Pakistan Army to help police and law enforcement agencies in enforcing standard operating procedures (SOPs) for controlling the spread of coronavirus.
While talking about the current situation of the country after the meeting of National Command and Operation Center (NCOC), he said that everyone should strictly follow the SOPs so that the government might not go for imposing lockdown like India did. He also said that half of the issue is resolved when we wear mask before going into public.
He also said that imposing lock-down could be an option but he did not intend to do so as the poor suffer the most in lock-downs.
After detailed and thorough discussions, the NCOC issued the following SOPs:
- Schools in the districts with over 5 percent positivity rate would remain closed till Eid.
- All the markets would be closed at 6pm.
- Indoor and outdoor dining would remain banned till Eid; only takeaway and delivery would to be allowed.
- Office timings would be limited to 2pm.
- 50 percent of staff would be allowed to attend offices